- Along with the below, please click here to download our editorial policy for more details about submitting your work for consideration.
- We are looking for regular, occasional, and one-off contributors from current AND former students of philosophy/students with an interest in philosophy.
- We see Undercurrent Philosophy as providing a service for current and former students. We appreciate the time that our writers put in but, unfortunately, aren’t in a position to fund writers for that time.
- We ask that submissions involve philosophical analysis/evaluation, but we are not conservative in our judgement of what that entails.
- We are particularly keen on contributions that engage philosophically with topics in public life, but we are not restrictive in what ‘publicly-engaged’ philosophy must look like in practice. On the contrary, we encourage experimentation in this respect!
- We accept written pieces of approximately 500, 1,000, or 3,000 words. In addition, we also accept images, video, and other media.
- We accept written work of all genres, including serious prose, interviews, satire, poetry, and fiction. We’re open and looking for a variety of philosophical takes on important issues, so, whatever the format, send it to us.
- All submissions should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org, with “New Submission” (case sensitive) in the subject. Written submissions should be attached with a short biography of a few lines and two or three related recommended readings for us to append to posts for interested readers. Writers are welcome to include a portrait photo to accompany their biography if they wish.
- We are happy to publish contributions anonymously if this is preferred.
We maintain a changing list of current affairs topics we would particularly like writing on, which we advertise through our newsletter and social media.
However, this is not to the exclusion of other topics you would like to write on; please do still send in submissions that DO NOT address these topics too.
To stay up to date on these topics, or if just want to keep up to date on what we’re doing feel free to join our mailing list below: